About David Bikofsky
Whether you are on the basketball court, in the court house or simply on the street of your neighborhood, when you meet David you will know you have met a true advocate for basketball, children and life. As a practicing attorney, David has developed the interpersonal skills that make those around him feel comfortable, engaged and at ease. This translates to the basketball court where he is a powerful influence and role model for children and adolescents.
David Bikofsky is a strong believer in the power of basketball and the positive influence it has on our youth. His passion for playing the game began at a young age, although in the past ten years he has discovered a new passion for teaching and coaching. During this time he has been committed to sharing his knowledge, skills and experience. David has always been drawn to positively influencing kids to ensure that they have a bright future. His special ability and skill in basketball – both playing and coaching – is easily recognizable to anyone who knows him. His ultimate goal is to give this ability and skill to the kids. Through the vehicle of basketball, he helps teach them how to make good decisions, use better judgment, be better people and develop personal character that will make them successful in life. David strongly believes that it is not just about the number of points scored or about winning and losing; it is about navigating the challenges the game presents and developing self-concept and self-confidence on and off the court.
His love for coaching, teaching the game, and working with young players is what drives David to work as hard as he does. Together, David and Sam Doner founded Doner Elite Basketball. David is the President of Doner Elite Basketball and has been instrumental in creating tremendous growth and recognition for the company over the past 5 years. His involvement with the sport does not end there. He is NCAA certified and has coached over 500 AAU games for the Bay State Jaguars Basketball Club. His teams have been extremely successful on a State, Regional, and National level. Additionally, David is currently entering his fourth season as an Assistant Varsity Girls Coach at Newton South High School and previously coached Metrowest Travel Basketball for several seasons. Between 2004-2010 he was the President of the Bay State Jaguars Basketball Club (AAU). Under his leadership the Jaguars have grown to 23 Boys and Girls teams and are now recognized and respected as one of the best AAU Clubs in New England.
David graduated from Tufts University in 1978 with a B.A. and received his law degree from Boston College in 1982. He is married and has two daughters.
Coaching Experience & Accomplishments
Bay State Jaguars AAU Basketball Club President 2004-present
- Oversee and operate non-profit AAU Basketball Club with over 20 teams and approximately 250 boys and girls participating.
- Spring 2007-Present
- 2002, 10U
- 2003, 11U
- 2004, 10U (D1) Massachusetts State Champions, 12U (D1) Massachusetts State Tournament – Bronze Medal
- 2005, 11U (D1) State Tournament Silver Medal, 13U (D1) Massachusetts State Tournament – Silver Medal
- 2006, 12U, 14U
- 2007, 13U (D1) State Tournament Bronze Medal, 15U
- 2008, 14U Elite (D1) Massachusetts State Champions, 3rd Place United States Junior Nationals, 16U
- 2009, 15U Elite (D1) Massachusetts State Champions, 13U (D1) Massachusetts State Tournament – Silver Medal
- 2010 (16U Elite), Boo Williams Nike Girls Invitational Final Four, Division 1 Massachusetts State Champions, 2nd Place – Division 1 National Championships Classic Bracket, Nike/USJN 17U National Championships – Division Champions (120 team pool)
- 2010 (14U Elite), USJN 14U Final Four
Newton South High School:
- Assistant Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach (2006-2008, 2009-2010)
Doner Elite Basketball
- Executive Director, 6/2006 – Present
Metrowest Travel Basketball (Newton):
- 6th Grade- Finalist (2002-2003)
- 7th Grade- Champion (2003-2004)
- 8th Grade- (2004-2005)
- 5th Grade- (2003-2004)
- 6th Grade- (2004-2005)
- 7th Grade- (2005-2006)
Newton Girls Basketball Association:
- Board Member 2000-2003
- Coach: 2000 (3rd Grade), 2001 (4th Grade), 2002 (3rd Grade and 5th Grade), 2003 (4th Grade)